(1) (heading, of a physical distance) Extending far away from a point of reference, especially downwards.
(2) (heading, intellectual, social) Complex, involved.
(3) (sound, voice) Low in pitch.
(4) (of a color) Highly saturated.
(5) (sleep) Sound, heavy (describing a state of sleep from which one is not easily awoken).
(6) Immersed, submerged (in).
(7) Muddy; boggy; sandy; said of roads.
(a) The capacity, condition, or state of acting or of exerting power; action or activity; operation.
(b) An individual or object through which power is exerted or an end is achieved: instrumentality, means.
(c) The office or function of an agent; also, the relationship between a principal and that person's agent.
(d) An establishment engaged in doing business for another; also, the place of business or the district of such an agency.
(e) A department or other administrative unit of a government; also, the office or headquarters of, or the district administered by such unit of government.
Samuel Smith, BronzeSmithDesigns